Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Thank you to the UTPB and PBG ensembles

     On July 2nd, the UTPB guitar ensemble, and the PBG guitar students paired up to perform the National Anthem and God Bless America for the Midland Rock-hounds.  These guitarists took time out of their personal lives to both practice new music, and meet at the music building to work with the ensemble.  So this post is dedicated to them.
     So, to my students:
Isaac- is my longest active student.  Been with me for more than a year, and I have seen tremendous improvements in his playing.
Jackson- We have had several talks over the past couple of months.  Has a lot of drive and determination to help spread the Classical Guitar. 
Philip- Parents once gave me a compliment on how much improvement they have seen since he started studying with me.  Had to partially disagree... I just gave him the tools, he is the artist.  So much potential.
Charles- Reminds me a little of myself.  Loves playing instruments, and wants to play every instrument in front of him.  He is one of my newest students, and has already been invited to play because of his dedication to learning the classical guitar technique.
Angel-  Yes, Really (lol).
George-  Turning into my sidekick... my right hand man.  Comes from the electric guitar world and did not realize what he was getting into.  Amazing that in a few months, has been able to pick up level 1 pieces.  Did an amazing job harmonizing the chords for God Bless America.
   If it wasn't for these students... my friends, then this show would not have been possible.  To take time out of their personal lives to help spread the Classical Guitar...
THANK YOU!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment